Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vista 64 SP2 Broke Civil 3D...

Update: I didn't get a chance to see what was wrong with Civil 3D 2009. Windows 7 came....

Hey guys - somehow SP2 for Vista x64 was installed last night and this morning, Civil 3D 2010 and 2009 are looking for .dll files! I've specified not to install the service pack and it's been sitting in my Windows Updates - Updates to Install list for about a month. So it was a surprise to me when I booted up and got the "Windows is Configuring Updates" balloon.

To fix it, I've done a quick reinstall of both apps and 2010 seems to work okay but 2009 is still giving me fatal errors. AutoCAD 2010 and 2009 seemed to work just fine without reinstalling.

By quick reinstall I mean;

- Insert the Disk (if installed from disk)
- Close the initial setup screen
- Go to Programs and Features
- Right-click on application and pick Uninstall/Change
- Pick Reinstall from the wizard
- Wait it out

I will update this post when I figure out what is wrong with Civil 3D 2009!

See ya,
Denver

No comments: